每日英语听力

当前播放

第14天-Cheer Up 讲解录音

Unit 14 Cheer Up

遇到一个脾气不好的男朋友该怎么办,看看闺蜜给她出了什么招,点击一起来学习吧

『 语音语调 』

『 知识点 』

1.down (adj) 沮丧的;情绪低落的;失落的
You seem a bit down.
你看起来有点沮丧。
Try to cheer him up when he is down.
当他情绪低落,试着让他振作起来。

2.get off the phone 挂断电话;放下电话
I just got off the phone with my boyfriend.
我刚刚给我男朋友打完电话。
Some people get chatty and are hard to get off the phone.
有的人喜欢聊天,一打电话就说个没完(很难放下电话)。

3.temper n. 性情,脾气
have a good temper 好脾气\ have a sweet temper 性情温柔
have a bad temper 坏脾气\ have a short temper 脾气暴躁,易怒
lose one’s temper 发脾气
in a temper 生气

4.stressed out 紧张的;焦虑的;压力大的
With a lot of urgent tasks to fulfill, the manager is stressed out.
很多任务急需完成,经理感到压力巨大。
Take it easy. Don’t be stressed out.
放轻松点,别紧张。

5.nerve-wracking ['nɜ:vˌrækɪŋ] adj. 令人紧张的;非常伤脑筋的
He does have a pretty nerve-wracking job you know.
你知道的,他的工作很费神。
Speaking in public can be a nerve-wracking experience.
当众发言会是件非常令人紧张的事。

6.brush sb off 不理睬—-;把—-打发走;毫不客气地拒绝—-
=give sb the brush-off 不理睬;把—-打发走
She gave him the brush-off.= She brushed him off.
她让他碰了钉子。
I tried to be friendly but got brushed off\got the brush-off.
我想表示友好,可却受到冷落。

7.on edge= edgy 紧张不安的;情绪急躁的
She’s been on edge lately, waiting for the test result.
她最近心绪不宁,在等待测验结果。= She’s been edgy lately.

8.grouchy [ˈgraʊtʃi] 脾气不好并经常发牢骚的,好抱怨的
Grouchy people are not popular wherever they go.
爱发牢骚的人到哪都不会受欢迎的。
She is sometimes grouchy, but all in all she is a good person.
有的时候她脾气不太好,但总的来说是一个好人。

9.You are something else!
你可真行啊!\ 真有你的!
表达对对方话语或行为的惊讶,可以是正面、反面意思;或者是开玩笑的口吻。相当于 “My god I can’t believe you say\do that!”
Wow, you finished the job on your own. You’re really something else.
哇,你自己完成了工作,你可真行啊。
I can’t believe you lied to me. You are really something else.
我不敢相信你对我说谎,你真够可以的。

『 原文脚本 』

A: Ok… I'll talk to you later. Bye

B: Carrie, are you ok? You seem a bit down.

A: I just got off the phone with my boyfriend. He is always getting upset and losing his temper over nothing. It’s so hard to talk to him at times.

B: Maybe it’s just that he is stressed out from working or something. He does have a pretty nerve-wracking job you know.

A: Yeah but, he is always in a really foul mood. I try to find out what’s bothering him or get him to talk about his day but, he always shuts down and brushes me off.

B: Men are like that you know. They can feel nervous, anxious or on edge and the only way they can express it is by trying to hide it through aggressiveness.

A: I guess you are right. What do you think I should do? He wasn’t always this grouchy you know…

B: Talk to him, try to cheer him up when he is down and if that doesn’t work, I say get rid of him and get a new one!

A: You are something else you know that?

点击播放